The IZS promotes the national-liberal political stance in Israel which defends the rights and dignity of the individual while promoting a strong national security.
With sovereignty comes responsibility. Where Israel is sovereign, it is her duty to rule justly and fairly. Until peace is achieved, the current status and reality should be made as livable and positive as possible and should prepare for a peaceful future. This means:
- Building trust with the Arab population.
- Stressing the need for balance between basic rights and security needs in managing the conflict.
- Researching issues in depth and providing position papers to policy makers to give them real facts-on -the- ground information.
- Observing the checkpoints and meeting Palestinians face to face- offering help and cooperation.
- Working in East Jerusalem to assist the Arab population know and attain their rights and privileges.
- Ethics training for IDF recruits to maintain a strong and moral army.